History

Jackson's Burks-Walker-Tippit Funeral Directors has been a locally owned funeral home since its origin in 1905.

Organized by businessmen James F. Walker, Henry Burks and Judge Thomas Booker Butler, the home was located in downtown Tyler until 1936.

At that time the funeral home moved to its present location at 215 E. Front St. in a building that was purchased from the A.P. Moore Family.

In 1938, Mr. J.F. Daniel purchased a portion of the ownership of the funeral home making it become Burks-Walker-Daniel Funeral Directors.

In that same year, the interior of the home was destroyed by fire and the facility was completely remodeled.

In 1941, Mr. R.L. Tippit purchased Mr. Daniel's portion of the funeral home and the establishment was renamed Burks-Walker-Tippit Funeral Directors.

In 1971, Harold Jackson, who had worked in the funeral industry in northeast Texas, purchased a portion of the funeral home, and then over the next several years, purchased all outstanding shareholders to become the sole owner of Jackson's Burks-Walker-Tippit Funeral Directors.

Harold passed away in February of 2012. The Jackson family- John, Greg, and Renee, continues to oversee operation of the business, and their staff of funeral directors which prides itself with providing families with the compassion and guidance they need when funeral arrangements must be made.